The Essential Theatre has formed an advisory panel to insure we have access to a variety of artistic voices. Advisory board members are asked to suggest new works, assist reading new plays, suggest talented actors for our productions and to inform their friends and acquaintances of our activities. An advisory panel reception is planned as part of the 2008 Power Plays Festival.
- Rosemary Newcott (Artistic Director of Theatre for Youth at the Alliance Theatre, Actress).
- Phillip DePoy (Playwright, Novelist, Musician, Actor, Director, Head of Drama Department at
College). Clayton State
- Valetta Anderson (Resident Teaching Artist with the Alliance Theatre Institute for Educators and Teaching Artists, Playwright). .
- Morgan Timmis (Historic and Cultural Affairs Manager for the City of
; Actress). Roswell
- Ann Wilson (Director of Development, Horizon Theatre; Actress).
- Jill Patrick (Managing Director of Working Title Playwrights Group).
- Ellen McQueen (Director, Actress, Playwright).
- Suehyla El-Attar (Actress, Playwright).
- Bill Gibson (Playwright,
Playwriting Award Winner). Essential
- Karla Jennings (Playwright).
- Lee Nowell (Director, Actress, Playwright).
If you would like to get involved and join on our advisory panel, please contact artistic director, Peter Hardy. We are still seeking additional board members who wish to share their time, expertise or financial resources to help with the Annual Playwriting Award Competition and the Power Plays Festival.