2021 Essential Play Festival COVID POLICY
for public performances
We are excited to be back in the theatre with you! But your health and safety is our top priority.
Here’s what to expect when you come to the Festival:
- Due to Georgia’s “high risk” label with regard to COVID-19, for the duration of the 2021 Festival we will require all audience members to be properly masked at all times while attending in-person Essential Theatre activities, as well as providing proof of a Negative COVID test taken within the past 72 hours (rapid tests are fine) OR proof of full vaccination in order to enter the building.
- The lobby and box office will open 45 minutes before showtime. House will open 30 minutes before showtime for seating. You are welcome to arrive early but we encourage you to wait in your car or outside if you do so. Limited outdoor seating is also available.
- Seating is still general admission but has been reduced to allow for distancing between parties. All audience members must submit basic contact information, for contact tracing purposes.
- We are doing everything we can to keep processes as contactless as possible:
- We strongly encourage purchasing your tickets in advance.
- You will receive a link to the program in your reminder email the day before the show, which you can print out or view on your phone. QR codes will also be posted at the box office, with limited print copies available upon request.
- We are not distributing any physical tickets.
- Water fountains have been turned off, and we will not be selling concessions this year. (You may bring a bottle of water into the theater if needed)
- HEPA air purifiers have been added throughout the building, and cleaning of high-touch, high-traffic areas has been increased.
- Outdoor seating area(s) are now available for preshow and intermission
- An Essential Theatre COVID Compliance Officer will be present at every performance to provide additional support.
We are committed to providing the safest and most enjoyable experience possible. Thank you for your cooperation and support in this. We are so excited we’ll be seeing each other at the theatre soon!
-Peter, Jennifer, Carter and the whole 2021 Essential Theatre Festival family!