Essential Theatre is very proud of our reputation for presenting high quality productions of new works, including at least one world premiere by a Georgia Playwright each year. We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit employing a diverse group of participants and catering to an equally diverse audience. To help us further promote our mission and grow our company as we head into our 20th annual festival next summer, Essential Theatre is actively seeking 2 to 3 new board members.
If you fall into one or more of the following categories, enjoy dynamic theatre and want to get involved by serving on our board, contact us today:
- A lawyer who may wish to provide assistance with legal matters.
- A person with management experience in a large corporation that may be able to facilitate charitable giving and/or corporate sponsorship.
- A CPA or accountant
- A person well seated in the Atlanta West End community who has contacts with community philanthropists with a history of or an interest in supporting the arts.
- An entrepreneur who has successfully started and run a small business.
- A person with a strong experience in marketing/public relations/social media, preferably in marketing for a non profit organization.
- A person with skills in graphic design, event planning or fundraising.
Board Members should have a passion for new plays and are asked to attend a majority of quarterly board meetings (either in person or via phone/video conference), attend company productions and events throughout the year, support the company with a financial contribution and help the company with fundraising activities.
Essential Theatre is an equal opportunity organization and seeks Board Members without regard to sex, race, creed or sexual orientation. If you know of any qualified person who may be interested in serving in this capacity, please share this opportunity with them!